Monday, 7 September 2015

Teenage Dirtbag evaluation


1) Who did you work with and how did you manage the task between you?

For this task I worked with Steven Harrison and Max Gridley. The way we managed the task was by assigning each other certain roles. I was assigned the role of the actor and the editor, Steven was the camera man and Max sorted out what locations were available to use and which weren't as it was filmed on the schools grounds.

2) How did you plan your sequence? What process did you use?

In order to plan our sequences I put together a story board. This made it more practical for us when shooting the shots as we could look at the story board and see what the shot should look like and for how long, rather than having to watch the video over and over again. We also planned a shooting schedule which enabled us to plan when we were going to film making sure we were all available to film.

3) What theories could you apply to the video you chose?

In my music video I could apply Carol Vernallis's theory of narrative where she said the lyrics match the visuals in the video. I could apply this as the lyrics say 'I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby'. When this is sung it shows Jim, who plays the teenage dirtbag, dressed in ragged clothes, so the image matches the description of him.

4) What technology did you use to complete your task and how did you use it?

In order to film our prelim I had to use the cameras the school supply. The footage on the camera also enabled me to have something to edit. In order to edit I used Adobe Premier Pro CS6. To make my music video be as realistic to the actual music video of Teenage dirtbag I had to use some effects. I used a shutter effect to blend the first shot into the second and a ripple effect to blend the second shot into the third.

5) What factors did you take into account when planning, shooting and editing?

When planning the prelim task I had to take into consideration when everyone was would be free in order to shoot the task. I also had to take into consideration what places would have been available to use in order for us to shoot in. Whilst editing I had to take into consideration the length of each shot, as I had to make sure the shot we filmed lasted for the same length of time as the original photo.

6) How successful is your music video? What did others say about your video?

All in all I think our music video worked well. I feel this as others have said they understand what is going on in the video as the shots match up to the original shots. The things that proved difficult to do was run over a bike with a car as no one could drive. We overcame this by pushing the bike over instead.

7) What have you learnt whilst filming?

I've learnt the reality of filming the possible shots from the impossible shots as we are on a restricted budget with limited access to certain places.

8) How does it compare with filming an opening to a film?

I've noticed that a music video requires a lot more shots in it as the start and finish is over within 3 minutes whereas a film opening is setting the scene so requires fewer shots.

9) What are your strengths and weaknesses as a group model?

As a group member I feel my strength was acting and my weakness was editing as it was hard to find the correct effect to use in order to match it to the original video.

10) Looking at other groups videos which do you think were most successful and why?

I feel Will Craig's group, who did 'Stay another day' from E17. This proved very successful as it required a lot of effects, which they successfully matched with the original video.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment